Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another Cool Morning

The day started out with cool morning temp's, however the sun was shinning brightly and the wind had died down to a whisper. After my quiet time and a breakfast of cereal and a banana I pedaled to the Rec. There were at one time 7 of us to play pickle ball as some came late and some left early. We had 2 1/2 good hours of continuous play. Many of us had wet shirts(sign of a good workout). After the Rec. I stopped off and picked up a book I had on hold at the library.

Amy and Ava came for lunch about the time Nancy got home from her hair appointment(cut and color). Wow I'm living with a blonde again. We had a salad for lunch then went outside to play in the yard. The temp's warmed up to the high 60's. I managed to transplant some broccoli and onions I had grown from seeds. I have several tomato's set, they are about the size of a nickel. The radishes are ready to eat as well as the collards and mustard greens. About time!!!

After Ava left for her nap I caught up on some reading and Nancy took off for the Rec. for her work out. Nancy made salmon cakes for dinner along with fried spuds and mixed veggie(broccoli and cauliflower). Well if the market stays this bad we may all have to plant gardens in our back yard. I do it for the fun of it but its amazing what you can grown in your yard in Florida in the winter. At least I know everything is grown organically.

Well will close for now missing family and mountain friends.LATER!!

No comments: