Friday, November 14, 2008

Another Warm and Muggy Day

Friday started out warm and the feel of rain in the air.After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I pedaled to the Rec.for 2 good hours of pickle ball and badminton. Yeow what a work out and a wet shirt. I managed a few crunches and a little upper body workout with weights but I was really whupped by the time I pedaled home after a brief stop at the library for a couple of books.

Amy and Ava came by and they brought fresh bakery bread and lunch meat for lunch. Ava and I played outside for an hour or so after lunch before it got too sticky from the humidity. The girls then watched a video while I napped and read until was time for Ava to head home for her nap.

Nancy invited her folks for dinner as she made a pot of zuppa dis conta(fresh potato soup with kale and Italian sausage) YUMMM. The Olive Garden makes this soup and its almost as good as Nancy's. They brought a dozen stone crab claws and we ate those with melted butter first. Yeow are they delicious. After dinner we played a couple games of cards and Nancy's was the big winner.

Well will close for now as tomorrow will be another big pot luck dinner at church with pork barbecue as the choir will be having a family dinner before rehearsal. Missing all our mountain friends and family, LATER.

No comments: