Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday was a Frosty Morning











Wow was it cool last, really it was cold enough to have a spotty frost. There was none in my garden or yard but on the way to the Rec. I saw several large patches frost. YIKES!!! That getting to close for comfort for us gardeners. After my quiet time and the usual cheerios with banana I headed out for pickle ball. We had a another crowd of 14 players. It sure doesn't give one any time to sit around and we played for a good 2 hours and managed a wet shirt.

When I left the Rec. around 10:30 the temperature had risen by at least 25 degrees and by early afternoon the sun was so warm you were looking for some shade. It turned out to be a very nice day after a frosty start. I came home to an empty house as Nancy cooks the fellowship meal at church on Wednesday's. This week she cooked Shepherds Pie, mixed veggie's, salad and home made chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. YUMMM we had about 60 plus and we were out of there before 7 PM. I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up a Nicolas Sparks book "Nights in Rodanthe". Its a good read but a tear jerker. All of his books are down to earth, real life situations but they make me cry.

I managed a couple pics of Ava in the back yard when she and Amy came for a short visit after lunch. You can tell how bright the sun light was by how the pics are so washed out. But any how she is picking up on every word your saying and on top of that she now counts to 5. So smart!!

Well, will close for now missing our mountain friends but not the cold. LATER




No comments: