Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve
























































Wednesday was a warm day that started out with my usual quiet time and a lite breakfast before heading out to the Rec. for some fast and furious pickle ball play. I got in 2 good hours and had a wet shirt as evidence it was good cardio-vascular workout.

I did a little garden work and took an afternoon nap as I could feel maybe I was coming down with a head cold. I had been taking lots of vitamin C and good actually feel its effects as the start of a sore throat dissipated. I ate a bowl of leftover fresh greens which is loaded with tons of minerals "the good stuff" to help with the body while fighting this cold. So far I feel strong with just a slight sniffle.
We got ready to pick up The Ross Family(Amy, Tyler and Ava) around 5 PM and head to Tampa for Bob's first Christmas Eve Service at Element Church at 6 PM.Nancy made some white bean dip with multi -grain crackers. Wow was that ever good to share along with other finger food and desserts for after the service. Bob had a jazz trio come in for about an hour while folks socialized, ate and the kids played. The church stage was lighted by everyone bringing their own candle. It was to say the least very beautiful and the snacks were good as well. We met several new people and renewed old acquaintances as well. What a fitting way to celebrate our Saviours birth with people who have been loved and are now sharing their love for Christ.
We got back to the house after 9 PM and I was in bed by 10 PM.
This Christmas morning found us still in bed at 7 AM however when I did go through the living room the tree was surrounded by presents. WOW there really is a Santa Claus!!!After my quiet time and a spot of green tea I helped Nancy get ready to cook the big breakfast that has become a tradition in out home. I had squeezed tangerines from my tree so we had fresh juice, hash browns were cooking and Nancy had a made an egg and ham casserole the day before and biscuits. Grandma Everett made a fresh fruit salad and Amy made a raspberry almond cream cheese coffee cake. Everyone came about 9:30 AM. Wow was it ever YUMMM!!

We are having in addition to the folks who were here for breakfast Bob, Jill an Annsley as well as Aunt Betsy's family; Gus, Braden and Garrett. So we will have a house full for dinner which is at 5 PM and the menu is to be prime rib. Will let ya know later what all the fixin's were.
Well will close for now as I feel my eye lids getting heavy. I need to rest up so I can tackle that dinner later. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all. LATER

No comments: