Monday, December 29, 2008

Sunday on Monday

Well the weather here is just to warm but its nicer than sleet, snow and freezing temps. Anyhow Sunday turned out to be a warm day with the A/C on all day. After our quiet time and a lite breakfast we headed off to church to work in the nursery. We had a cute little 9 month old boy and Ava. After church we had a lite lunch and then I oiled up 2 whole chickens and stuck a beer in the rear. I had soaked some oak wood all night so it was good and wet then fired the old smoker up.

Nancy,Dan and myself headed off to the Freedom Square nursing home and conducted a 30 minute service. Dan brought the message and Nancy led the singing and I estimate there were a total of 20 folks there. Afterwards we should have conducted a funeral service for the Buc's as they played terrible and are out of the playoffs. They lost all 4 games in December and don't deserve to win. At one time they were 9 and 3 and were wondering if they would have home field advantage during the playoffs.At least my second team the Carolina Panther's are playing well have a shot to go all the way.

Sunday afternoon found G/G, Pap Pap, Amy, Tyler and Ava here for dinner. The beer in the rear chicken was fantastic along with the rosemary crusted oven potato's, fresh broccoli and a fresh garden salad most of which came from mine and Tyler garden. Wow the lettuce is absolutely gorgeous. After dinner we got Ava ready for bed then played a round of Apples to Apples and then a round of golf(card game). It was going on 10 when everyone left. I finished THE BROKER and watched a little of the Broncos versus the Charger's game.

Monday found us with another beautiful Spring like morning which eventually reached the low 80's. Still requires us to keep the A/C on but not as humid as it has been. I headed out to the Rec. and got 2 plus hours of pickle ball in. There were 10 of us which made for continuous play. I must wish a belated birthday to Jersey Jim as he hit the 65 mark and is going strong. He has an aggressive spirit on the court and plays a great game. Happy Birthday Jim!!! I hope we can do this pickle ball game many more years.

After the Rec. I picked up some new reading material then did a little garden work, mowed the yard(actually mowed up the falling leaves) then Nancy and I went up to church and put away the Christmas Tree on stage with its decorations. In between all that I played with Ava before she headed out for her afternoon nap. Finally had a busy afternoon. Now I'm headed for the shade tree and a new book until dark. Later.!

No comments: