Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday is a Cool Day with Sunshine

Well the rain during the night was a welcome relief to the watering ban for lawns. I have a shallow well that I water my garden with but with the drought conditions the yard has turned brown. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast of cheerios and a banana I headed to the Rec. The air once again felt like a Spring morning with the damp coolness. Actually it was warmer this morning than it is right now.

I got in 2 1/2 hours of play then about 15 minutes of crunches and weight lifting for the upper body. Amy and Ava came for lunch then Phoenix came over to play with Ava for about an hour. I caught up on some reading an a little garden work before Ava had to go down for her afternoon nap around 3 PM. Amy and Ava came back for dinner as Tyler flew off to Washington, D.C. I grilled some fresh pork chops, Nancy made parsley red potato's, fresh broccoli and canned beets. YUMM!! I was looking up on line and checking out the health benefits of beets and they are amazing. What a cancer fighter especially for colon cancer; plus all of the other benefits. We love beets in any form especially the green tops when pulled young are excellent in a fresh salad. We love canned sliced beets on top of a fresh salad. Our mountain buddy, Helen likes to make pickled beets and they are great on a salad as well. Oh, well thought you might like to know that.

After dinner we played with Ava until it was time for her to head home and get her bath. She is talking so much now and just gets sweeter every day. We are looking forward to having her this weekend. Maybe we can get together with Bob and Annsley for lunch and a play day for the girls this weekend.

Nancy and I are having lots of fun on Facebook. Check it out!!! Well will close for now.LATER!!!

No comments: