Monday, December 1, 2008

Finally Got a Little Rain







Well Sunday morning was a little on the warm side with lots of rain clouds in the area. After our quiet time and buckwheat pancakes in the microwave; Nancy and I headed off to SFBC. I worked in the toddlers this morning with Ava and 5 other little ones up to the age of 3. Nancy came to help after she sang in the choir. I must say those little guys and gals never sat down. Ava is really too young at 1 1/2 tobein there, but she held her own with the 3 + year old's. Normally she would be in a separate group but she is now the only one in that age group and besides we were short of workers. Oh well!!!
We made it home before the black clouds rolled in and we got a good rain. The first rain that was measurable in many weeks. The grass surely needed that moisture as it was beginning to turn completely brown. I then settled in for an afternoon of NFL. Once again the BUCS came through and defeated the SAINTS. Go BUCS!!! We still lead our division as of now but must go to one of our favorite parts of the states next weekend; North Carolina and play the Panthers. Go Bucs!!!


We headed back to church around 5 PM to help put up Christmas decorations, help judge a chili cook off and get ready for a fellowship afterwards. We had a good crowd with Approx. 100-125 folks, 10 different crock pots of chili and hot dogs as well as tons of desserts. We were back home by 7: 30 after cleaning up.

Monday morning brought coolness in the air much like a spring morning in the mountain with the dampness. I hopped on the bike after breakfast and my quiet time and headed to the Rec. (for the first time since last Wednesday)there were 10 of us and we played hard for 2 hours. I stopped by the library and picked up a couple books for my spare time. Ava and Amy came for lunch and I made a fresh garden salad for myself while the girls had left over turkey sandwiches. The girls then took off for Target for a couple hours while I caught up on some reading and a did a little garden work. After shopping, Ava and myself played outside until it was time for her nap at her house. Amy will have dinner with us tomorrow as Tyler fly's to D.C. on business then Amy will fly there on Thursday until next Monday. Nancy and I will have Ava for the week end and 4 nights.
Better go for now. Many thanks to Mechelle and Andy(Dalton Gang) for the beautiful homemade wreath we received in the mail today. It smells so fresh and clean and reminds us of the mountains. Missing all. LATER.






No comments: