Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Warm Day

Well the A/C is on, yuck. I love the cool fresh air with the windows open but no. Oh well that does beat ice, snow and overcast skies. The morning started with the usual quiet time, Cheerios for breakfast with a banana. I biked to the Rec. and got in 2 good hours of play with 7 players.

After the Rec. I stopped by the library and picked up a couple books, one which is Grisham's THE APPEAL. Its a good read and the beginning is much like the movie Erin Brockovich. I'm about half way through and I wonder how much of this buying state supreme court justices could be true.

The garden is really starting to take off with the 1/2 runner beans already 3-4 inches long. I do believe we will have some for Christmas dinner. The greens; beet, mustard, kale and collards are just outstanding. I have several golf ball size green peppers and the eggplant has several blooms. The tomato's are loaded as well with golf ball size green ones. These past few days with warm nights have really matured many veggies plus fresh lettuce is coming out of my ears as well as the spinach. Wow I love gardening in Florida in the fall and winter.

Amy and Ava came for lunch and stayed until after 3 PM. Ava fell and bumped her lip causing it to bleed a little. We put ice on it and she calmed down, once again I reassured her she would be better before she was married. Ava and I played and read books while Amy and Nancy baked 4 different kinds of Christmas cookies. Wow I want to lose weight and eating those things sure don't help. Oh well what a way to go!! Nancy made a superb dinner of grilled marinated chicken breasts, fried potatoes and Dijon Brussels sprouts as well as a fresh garden salad. No wonder I can't lose any weight. Well will close for now. It's hard to believe a week from today is Christmas and 2 weeks from today 2009 begins. Where does the time go??? LATER

No comments: