Friday, December 26, 2008

Thursday on Friday
























































Well Christmas Day was just a big old day of eating, watching grand daughter's opening gifts and just family and friends visiting. After that sumptuous breakfast I piddled around, read a little, napped a little(still not 100 %)just waiting for everyone to return for dinner at 5:30. Pap Pap(Nancy's Dad) was having trouble with his meat thermometer so Nancy took off to his house to pick up this 15 pound standing rib roast. What a beautiful piece of meat it turned out to be and it could have been roasted just a little less median as we like it closer to more rare. My thermometer says 140 should be rare(which is what we cooked it) but my son Chef Bobby says 130 with a settling time(out of the oven before carving) of 30 minutes will make it just right. I think he is right on this one. But never the less the meat was tender, juicy and succulent.

The roast was accompanied by of course; smashed spuds with dark gravy(roast drippings, dijon mustard and fresh rosemary again Chef Bob's concotion ), fresh green beans(store bought), a fresh garden salad(from Tyler garden) and G/G(great grand ma Everett) made a fresh yellow squash casserole. The dessert was Amy's left over raspberry almond cream cheese cake and a store bought cheese cake(like we needed any dessert). We had a total of 12 folks for dinner.

Afterwards we open gifts and just enjoyed Ava an Annsley as they helped tear the wrapping paper off every one's gifts. They were so cute together.

Everyone started getting sleepy after so much to eat and of course the clean up took a while. I washed what dishes wouldn't fit in the dishwasher and Amy and G/G helped dry. The girls needed baths so when they got home they could be put right into their cribs so Aunt Jill and Grandma Triplett(Nancy) handled that job. Bobby was helping cousin Garrett with his new electric guitar(starter) and every one else was chilling, taking pictures and socializing and watching the Lakers beat the Celtics.
After every one left it didn't take me long to get to sleep after I took a healthy swig of Nightquil. I still had a runny nose and some congestion in the head. I hadn't taken any OTC medicine, just high does of Vitamin C, so I thought this may help and it did however; I did not want to get up at 6:30 this morning. It was close to 7 Am before I rolled out of the sack as I knew Jersey Jim would be waiting at the Rec. Actually I had for a fleeting moment thought this was one of those times I needed to stay in the sack and vegetate. I did an abbreviated morning ritual with only a glass of OJ(with my supplements) and a banana. Wow was I lethargic and slow most of the morning, YEOW that Nightquil had me week kneed at times. I got in 2 hours of play with 5 other's; Jim, Mike, Omar, Mitsco and Peg. We had some great points and 4 of them were still playing when I left at 10.

Well I just learned we are taking our leftovers from last nights dinner to Ava's House for dinner tonight(want to see all of Ava toy's) and a game we received for Christmas called Apples to Apples. We received some great gifts; Aunt Josie sent us some great cabins gifts(from Va.) which are unique for North Carolina as well as many others who gave us gift cards, clothing, money and jewelry. There was to many too mention all individually. We really appreciate all of your generosity and THANK YOU again.

Well I will close for now. Glad to hear all got back home safely. LATER.

No comments: