Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Spaded the East Garden,Oil Change and Recall on the Truck Taken Care of an Stir fry with Fresh Squash and Shrimp

Well I took the morning off from pickle ball mainly because all were busy with some other activity. After my quiet time and breakfast I tackled the east garden with a shovel. I had mowed and weed whacked the waist high grass on Friday so now it was time to get the soil ready for a fall planting when we get back in October. I was soaking wet with sweat in no time and after finishing the job I stood under the hose to wash off. It took me about an hour and a half but now I will be ready when its time to plant in October.

Nancy had gone to the rec. center to walk on the treadmill and when she returned I had finished the spading and had hung a load of clothes. It was time to head for Wal-Mart and get my truck serviced(oil change and tire rotation). After leaving Wal-Mart I had a 1 PM appointment to have a recall item on the truck corrected at Scarritt Lincoln Motors in Seminole. That took about an hour and half to complete as the truck catalytic converter had to be cooled down before they could change the part(a hose).

After leaving Scarritt I made it home in time to hug and kiss Ava before she left for a nap at her house. I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on some reading before dinner. Nancy took fresh yellow squash(from my garden), green pepper, onion and garlic and sauteed these in olive oil. We then mixed in shrimp and put this over a bed of rice. YUMMM and very light. After dinner we took a nice mile plus walk(no hiking here as it flat). Not a whole lot exciting day just caught up on some must errands before we head back to the mountains next Tuesday. Later missing all.

No comments: