Monday, August 25, 2008

Pickleball, Spaded my Garden and Family Dinner






Wow is it HOT and HUMID here in sunny Florida. I'm ready for some N.C.morning's once again. After our quiet time this morning I jumped on the old bicycle and headed for the rec. center where we had great pickle ball play. Afterwards got in 3 games of ping pong then headed for home. The shade was still on the west side garden so I grabbed a shovel and turned it over. It's probably 25 ft. x 15 ft. however there are no rocks so it was except for the knee high weeds pretty easy to spade up. My shirt was so wet with sweat I could wring it out. My I would like to see a 60 degree morning again.


After lunch I took it easy as it was 90+ outside and just plain hot. So I read a little and took a nap along with Ava for about an hour. The rest of the afternoon I stayed in the a/c and played with Ava. I then helped Nancy get ready for company as Bob, Jill and Annsley were coming as well as G-grandma Lib and G-grandpa Will. Aunt Betsy, Braden and Tyler would come after work. Amy and Ava hung out for the day at our place. Well Nancy fixed a huge pork roast, 1/2 runner beans, smashed potatoes w/ gravy, and a huge salad. G-grandma Lib brought a carrot cake and french bread. Well Nancy and I have to stop eating like this. The grand girls were lots of fun and played well together and eventually wore down around 8:30 then took a bath together in the tub before getting ready to leave for home. I'm sure they are both asleep as they travel home.


Well it was a fun day with much too much too eat, but oh it was sooo good. Our grand daughters are the delight of our lives and we will miss Ava as she travels Friday to Kansas to see her paternal grand parents, Rob and Cindy. Will close for now, missing family and friends in N.C. and Va.

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

I love your little bathtub rock stars! You are so blessed-and to have another on the way! We miss you guys. We had a wonderful fish fry at Clara/Clarence's on Sunday. But we missed you! We are definately ready for some dominoes! We had a little rain today. Please pray for more! Take care!
The Dalton Gang