Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rain, 2 Hikes, Banana Buckwheat pancakes and 2 loaves Zucchini Bread

Well it was a wet morning with rain most of the night. I don't believe the sun was out more than 30 minutes all day long. After our quiet time this morning and a check for deer damage(none)I caught up on last night's blog(no Internet service).

We took a nice long hike to the top and down through the devastated area. By the time we got back I had worked up a good sweat and it was nearly noon. Nancy had made banana buckwheat pancakes for breakfast and believe me they stick to your ribs, so we weren't hungry until after 2 PM, at which time we ate a fresh garden salad.

Nancy made 2 fresh loves of Zucchini bread to take with us to Virginia tomorrow. We will be away from these hills as we travel up the Shenandoah Valley to Winchester to visit with my family. We are going to travel the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Roanoke Area before cutting over to I-81. Well I'm sure I will have plenty to share with all of you when we return on Tuesday. Take Care, missing our family, friends and especially Ava and Annsley.

No comments: