Friday, August 15, 2008

Cool Morning, Great Hike,Battled the Bats, Spread a Ton of Lime and Ate Great Catfish for Dinner

The morning was a cool one with temp's in the 50's. After our morning quiet time I did a deer damage check and found where a large deer munched on my tomato's ate Nancy's Hydrangeas and a few other flowers. Oh well its to be expected when you live in the woods.

After breakfast I ventured onto the roof to plug a few more holes and hopefully keep these bats at bay. They really don't bother me as I would never know they are in the roof but Nancy has a fit. So now that has become my priority as for now.

After lunch I went over to a farm supply in Virginia and purchased a scoop of bulk lime for my garden and yard. The bad thing is you have to spread the lime by hand with a shovel. Needless to say it was hard work and a job getting the truck bed clean. Well with a wash job for the truck it took Nancy and myself all afternoon.

Gerald(neighbor from Raleigh) came by and sampled some of my recently made Merlot. I must admit its not bad and sister Dee loved it. Well after Gerald left I fried some great catfish(Andy and Caleb caught) and it was delicious along with some home grown beans and rice. Wow was that a superb dinner. Thanks Andy for the fish and Nancy for being a great cook.

Well I'm bushed this evening so I will not stay up until 1:30 AM to watch the Olympics as Nancy did last night. Later missing all our family and grand daughters, Ava and Annsley.

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the fish! Andy is heading out at 3:30AM Saturday to the river to catch more! See you Sunday! Mechelle