Thursday, May 22, 2008

What a great life I have. Retired after 30 years of law enforcement(state trooper), 4 years of USAF as a C-141 loadmaster(Vietnam theater), 2 great children(son-Bobby, daughter-Amy) and 2 wonderful grandgirls(Ava -1 year, Annsley-7 months). GOD IS GOOD TO ME. I have the same wife, Nancy of nearly 29 years,who is beautiful and vibrant. We are planning on leaving Florida on the 24th to head to our beautiful rustic mountain cabin in Glade Valley, N.C. We have been land owners there since 1992 and built the cabin in 1995. We are saddened as we have to put our dobbie"KC" down on Friday as she had a degenerative spine diease and will not be able to walk and hike in the mountains as she once did. KC is 11 plus years and has lived longer than either of our previous 2 dobbie's. Doberman Pinschers are a great breed of dogs. None of our 3 have evershowed signs of meaness or aggression. They are a rare breed much maligned because of Hollywood. Today I played my last "pickleball" until the fall and our return to Florida. Pickleball is a wonderful game much like indoor tennis only its played with a wiffle ball and a paddle. Great cardio workout. Thanks to Rick, Doug, Judy(mixed doubles pardner), Nancy,Mary Ann, and Leslie(patsy). What a great bunch of people and players. Better go as my first granddaughter,Ava has just arrived.

1 comment:

Sandy Keys said...

Hey U. Butch and Nancy!!!!! A blog!!! How cool! I have two!!!
www.skeysphotography.blogspot.com and www.hoovesandhocks.blogspot.com

I started my own photography business a few months ago and it's been keeping me very busy!

Your grandbabies are ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to have some of my own someday.

Welcome back to beautiful NC!!!
Talk to you soon,
Lots of Love,
Sandy and the gang xoxo