Thursday, May 29, 2008

Digging, Planting and Loving this N.C. Atmosphere



Today started out damp, cold and cloudy. It was down in the 40's this AM and even I finally put on a pair of long pants. That's the first time since last February in Florida that my legs have been enclosed by long pants, however by 2PM I was back in shorts and Nancy had to change as well. The sun came out after lunch and the blue skies once again were evident with a beautiful clear sky. My this is fantastic as Bobby, my son called and said the temp. in Florida was 96 degrees with high humidity. Nancy and I dug out flower gardens and transplanted as well as I planted sugar peas and peppers. I took the golf cart and hauled rich black dirt to fill in some spots that had washed out. We then took a walk and visited some friends on top of the mountains;the Fullers(they are building a magnificent home with absolutely unbelievable view) and the Cline's(Ann and Sandy). Somehow time just gets away from you here,before we knew it dinner time was upon us. I cut some fresh Basil and Oregano from the garden and Nancy made a delicious pasta dish with Roma tomatoes and these fresh herbs. YUMMMMM. After dinner we took another walk and visited with Joe and Jetta Browning, another retired couple on top of the mountain. We made it back just before dark. Tomorrow we are going to made our first side trip to Laurel Springs.

No comments: