Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday

Well its sure good to be in touch with everyone again. After a night of rain we finally saw a little sunshine this morning. After a hot cup of green tea and my quiet time I headed over to Virginia to pick up a load of fertilizer. I got back around 9 Am and Nancy was just starting to make one of my favorite breakfast's; buckwheat pancakes, smoked turkey bacon an 2 eggs. Wow was that ever a tasty meal.

The sun was finally shining brightly so I finished up the fence around the upper garden and then decided the grass was dry enough to start mowing the back yard. Well I was finally getting the grass under control when huge black clouds began to move in and by the time I got the mower and golf cart in the shed there came a "gully washer." So I was finished for the day with mowing.

After a late light lunch I did some catching up on the Internet. The rain continued so there wasn't much to do outside so I sharpened my chainsaw and sowed some flower seeds in pots. By this time it was shower time as we were heading to Walt's place for a barbecue around 5 PM. We had another great meal with grilled rib eye's, burgers and dogs plus potato salad, cole slaw and chips as well as fruit salad and homemade ice cream. We visited until after 9 PM when a huge storm was headed our way. We managed to make it home just before the clouds once again opened up with heavy rains, thunder and lightning.

Well its getting on towards 11 PM so I can feel these walking up stairs and hills muscles. LATER

No comments: