Friday, April 13, 2012

Thursday

Well this week has just flown by and here we are coming up on another week end and just about 5 week ends to go before we head for the mountains, boy are we getting excited and sad at the same time, oh well!!! The morning started out about the same with Chester's wake up crow around 5 in the morning. I did my quiet time then had a bowl of grapefruit, blueberries and some fresh strawberries before pedaling out to the rec for some 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a small crowd to start with which made for no breaks for the first hour or so and by 10 AM I had a nice wet shirt. Afterwards I stopped off and weighed myself in the weight room and I'm down another pound or so. The spare tire is shrinking, yeah!!!!

I pedalled home to work in the garden and hand water my seedlings, so far several have showed some green and the Celebrity tomato plant seeds have all sprouted and are about and inch or so in height. Hopefully we will have a banner crop this summer as they are the best tomato yet but they are a hybrid so you must buy the seeds each year. I cut more Bib and Romaine lettuce and cleaned it and made a large salad for lunch and then we took a bag over to GG's when we went over for chicken casserole for supper.

Nancy got some fantastic results from her blood results taken on Monday after a fast; her cholesterol was the lowest ever as well as her triglycerides and all her results showed normal and her risk rate dropped a whole percentage point. Seems this self imposed food combining and apple cider vinegar have made quite a difference plus she has dropped several pounds as well. We are just ecstatic about her results and now we know all of these hearts fluttering, etc and occurrences are all results of her anxiety and menopausal conditions. I don't envy anyone, both men and women who have to face this period(or lack there of) in their life. I say take the hormone pill. That's just my opinion.

Nancy took off to Target to return an Easter dress and too do a little shopping. I tuned into the Rays afternoon game and was disappointed they lost after leading at one time and I managed to finish a good read by Gregg Olson. We headed out around for 4:30 to visit and eat supper with GG. Amy brought the kiddos as Tyler has ESL at church as we had a sumptuous meal. The kiddos entertained us as well. We headed out in time to watch the Idol and I think all this voting is just a personality contest cause the little girl who received the least about of votes is one of the better vocalist, what do I know. Afterwards I watched a little alligator hunting in the bayou's before calling it a day, what a great show for dreaming!!! LATER

No comments: